Can Chiropractors help with headaches and migraines? The short answer to this question is: Yes, a chiropractor will more than likely be able to assist you with headaches and migraines – your chiropractor will conduct a thorough diagnosis and provide the appropriate treatment and/or referral.
Headaches are a universal problem that humankind has struggled with for hundreds of years and is one of the leading ailments presented to chiropractors. A multitude of causes of headaches have been identified – as varied as the opinions of those who are researching them.
The most common types and causes of headaches are:
- Cervico-genic headaches (which is essentially a neuro-vascular problem in the upper cervical spine)
- Cervico-dorsal tension headaches which manifest in the neck and upper back.
- Post traumatic injuries to the head or neck e.g. whiplash and sports injuries
- Migraines and cluster headaches
- Analgesic overdosing / prolonged usage of medications
- Headaches developed from poor postural habits stemming from long work hours spent sitting at desks and looking at computer monitors.
Headaches are often neurovascular in nature with musculo-skeletal and soft tissue involvement, which is why Chiropractic treatment is such an effective therapy, providing immediate and long-term relief.
Dr Richard Wayman Chiropractor
Beyers Naudé Dr and Castlehill Dr
1st Floor Heathway Square
011 678 1414
#Chiropractic #headache #migraine #chiro